CROATIAN ASSOCIATION OF ARTISTS
HRVATSKA UDRUGA LIKOVNIH UMJETNIKA – SPLIT
Obala hrvatskog narodnog preporoda 24
Split 21000.Croatia. T: +385 21 348 177. E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Child Protection Policy
Vienna, 23. June 2021
HULU, Croatian Association of Artists, is fully committed to safeguarding the welfare of all children in its care. It recognizes the responsibility to promote safe practice and to protect children from harm, abuse and exploitation. For the purposes of this policy and associated procedures a child is recognized as someone under the age of 18 years. Staff and volunteers will work together to embrace difference and diversity and respect the rights of children and young people. This document outlines Wonderland‘s commitment to protecting children. These guidelines are based on the following principles:
- The welfare of children is the primary concern.
- All children, whatever their age, culture, disability, gender, language, racial origin, socio-economic status, religious belief and/or sexual identity have the right to protection from all forms of harm and abuse.
- Child protection is everyone’s responsibility.
- Children have the right to express views on all matters which affect them, should they wish to do so.
- Organizations shall work in partnership together with children and parents or caretakers to promote the welfare, health and development of children.
- Promote the health and welfare of children by providing opportunities for them to take part in participatory activities of the association safely.
- Respect and promote the rights, wishes and feelings of children.
- Promote and implement appropriate procedures to safeguard the well-being of children and protect them from abuse.
- Recruit, train, support and supervise its staff, members and volunteers to adopt best practice to safeguard and protect children from abuse and to reduce risk to themselves.
- Require staff, members and volunteers to adopt and abide by this Child Protection Policy and these procedures.
- Respond to any allegations of misconduct or abuse of children in line with this Policy and these procedures as well as implementing, where appropriate, the relevant disciplinary and appeals procedures.
- Observe guidelines issued by local Child Protection Committees for the protection of children.
- Regularly monitor and evaluate the implementation of this Policy and these procedures.
This Policy and these Procedures will be regularly reviewed:
- In accordance with changes in legislation and guidance on the protection of children or following any changes within Wonderland.
- Following any issues or concerns raised about the protection of children within Wonderland.
- In all other circumstances, at least every three years.
Vice Tomasović – president